- Not for profit - objective is to maximize social surplus,
- Accepts donations of non-perishable, unexpired food items only (durable goods) such as canned soups, ramen, dried fruits etc. - unused inventory is carried over,
- Accepts monetary donations, therefore has a budget to buy items not received via donations,
- Maintains a list of "high demand" items [click here].
A Naïve Problem Formulation:
- Track inventories, to estimate demands,
- Surveys to see what students 'prefer' in terms of products,
- This model does not assume substitutability among products, a better model will include this and it is a good idea to save money by providing cheaper substitutes,
- We can make this model richer by adding constraint on individuals (which is right now implemented): each student is allowed to take up to 4 items.